Our research interests lie in the area of numerical and applied analysis with applications in nonlinear optimization and control problems. A particular emphasis lies on the interaction of analysis and numerics.
Currently, we are mainly working on the following major topics:
- Model predictive control
- Numerical optimal control
- Optimization with partial differential equations
- Function space oriented numerics
- Applications in computational medicine
- Stability theory for nonlinear systems
- Set-valued analysis and numerics
Specific topics range from optimization based controller design via viscosity solution theory for Hamilton-Jacobi PDEs, computation of Lyapunov functions, Newton-method and interior point algorithms in function spaces, dynamical contact problems to the calculation of reachable sets and arithmetic set operations.