AD Dr. Robert Baier
Academic Director, Senior Lecturer
lecturer for programming languages (C, C++, Java) and Computational Geometry
University of Bayreuth
Chair of Applied Mathematics
95440 Bayreuth, Germany
address for delivery:
see the contact information of the chair
|phone:||+49 (0)921 55 - 3286|
|fax:||+49 (0)921 55 - 5361|
|room number:||3.2 01 538|
- set-valued numerics
(esp. interpolation, integration, approximation, selections and fixed points of set-valued maps)
- differential inclusions
(esp. reachable sets at a given time, approximation of trajectories, discontinuous differential equations, impulsive systems)
- optimal control problems and control theory
(esp. direct discretization methods, convergence of discretization methods, numerical computation of Lyapunov functions and invariant sets)
- convex analysis
(esp. representation of sets, arithmetic set operations, difference of convex sets and functins (DC), embeddings of convex compacts into a Banach space)
- nonsmooth optimization
(esp. nonconvex subdifferentials, DC and quasidifferentiable functions, optimality conditions)
see also the web page with the visualizations
- Edition of "Bayreuther Mathematische Schriften (BMS)"
- ITN SADCO: Marie-Curie Initial Training Network "Sensitivity Analysis for Deterministic Controller Design"
- ITN SADCO "Optimal control approaches to reachability analysis: safety & avoidance" (Task 2.5)
teaching in SS 2020
Please go to the list of my former courses.
Please go to my list of publications.
List of theses which I supervised.
Further information to my publications and research profiles
- AMS – author profile (id: 352658)
- Zentralblatt – author profile (id: baier.robert)
- search at arXiv.org
- Research Gate (id: Robert_Baier3)
- LinkedIn (id: baier-robert-46042a37)
- Google Scholar (id: 12DYc90AAAAJ)
- Mathematical Genealogy (id: 66483)